14 July 2005

So....

I don't update often, but then I don't know what to tell people that they might actually care to hear. I applied to GPC more then 3 weeks ago. I would think that the Community College would be able to handle an app. In that amount of time.
David and I made it to one year, but it was a rocky day. It was a not so great start to a not so great week. A
I'm thinking about quitting proabaly one of the most awesome jobs I could ever have; working at my LSS. We have a new manager. When I was hired by the old one, I said I couldn't really work weekends unless I had to. And that I could work 15-20 a week. For my last paycheck which was for June 15-30 I had worked 56.18 hours. That just doesn't seem like 15-20 hours a week. I requested weekends off in July and August, for trips that I had planned, and then I requested the weekend off for the Expo here in Atlanta. And the manager basically went off on me. Saying that I had requested more time off then anyone, and that I've requested more days off then she gets off in a year. The days I've requested off have all been weekends, with an occasional Thursday or Monday added on for Travel. I requested off my birthday next month and she like had a hissy fit. But I have plans for my birthday. It's just something I've done for years.
I think that if I didn't request weekends off, they'd have me working everyday of the week, and they've done it. I was the only one as of last week that worked there that didn't have kids. So my schedule was pretty flexible, but it's gotten to the point where they think they can schedule me, for whenever they please. I come in for 2 hour shifts, and it takes me 1/2 hour to get there. I close one night and open the next. I want to quit to find out how things would go down, but at the same time I really like my discount. It makes things more affordable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home