24 July 2005

Men

"You can't live with them, you can't live without them" whoever said that knew exactly what i was thinking. Today, David and I usally do random arrend runs, Fry's, Scrapbook stores, Walmat, ect. well today I needed to go to a few places, I had a list and everything, and when I asked where he wanted to go he said IKEA, which was fine it would take an hour maybe 2. Well his brother hasn't been, so we invite his brother along. We get there and the pregame to the Mets game a 3:10 game was starting at 2:45. When we leave it's a little after 6 and the Mets are in Post game. So I didn't get a thing done that I had hoped to. Well David needed to go to the grocery store to get a few things for dinner, so I went with. A little annoyed that I had wasted my entire Saturday at IKEA. He walked over to the flowers and picked up a boquet of daisies (my favorite flower) and gave them to me. The flowers would be a nice gesture to say "I'm sorry" expect that he never gets me flowers. So that annoyed me even more. Well I go home and I start to do other things, and try to replan things so I can do what I needed to do today on Monday. Well he calls me and tells me dinner was canceled and asked if any of the places i needed to go were still open, well it was 8pm, nither of us had eaten and all the places I needed to go were 25 + mins away.
Maybe now looking at it, I may have over reacted a little bit. I have nothing against going to IKEA, it's been open now for a month and I've been there 5 times.

2 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

I have never been to an IKEA. I have heard it is great. Sorry you were stuck there against your will though.

2:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this story because someday you are going to look back and say why was i so rediculous....any one of those things you needed to do weren't life threatening or you would have objected so like things always do....they were put off and you survived. Someday you may even find humor or a good memory in that day

10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home